The ITB USMLE, COMLEX, & Medical School Podcast
Teaching You to Think like a Question Writer
Share The ITB Podcast on Social Media
In this two-part episode, Dr. Adeleke Adesina, author of “How to Prepare for the Medical Boards” and founder of the learning platforms, FTP Lectures and SmashUSMLE, offers some personal advice and study strategies he used to achieve success on both the COMLEX and USMLE as well clerkship shelf exams.
Our question of the day (USMLE Step 2 / COMLEX Level 2 / Surgery Shelf content) concerns a patient with confusion, a petechial rash, and bilateral opacities on chest x-ray following a motor vehicle accident…
Dr. Adeleke Adesina, is the founder of SmashUSMLE, an online learning platform for medical students. The company focuses on teaching clinical medicine through online medical education videos but offers a plethora of other benefits (see below).
Dr. Adesina earned completed his medical studies at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine, in 2012 followed by an emergency medicine residency. He currently practices emergency medicine at Memorial Hermann Hospital and Methodist Hospital in Houston.
He is co-author of the book, How to Prepare for the Medical Boards: Secrets for Success on the USMLE and COMLEX. His online lectures have been viewed by millions of students across the world.
This Episode’s Freebie(s)
SmashUSMLE is offering ITB listeners a one-month free trial to their platform. Check back here on February 5th to grab the link…
…Also in this episode
Music for this episode is courtesy of Forgive Durden, “Life is Looking Up” off the album Razia’s Shadow.
Watch Dr. Adesina’s Heart Sounds Lecture!
What does SmashUSMLE Offer?
- 250 hours of high yield USMLE step 1 and 2Ck review video lectures
- Free 2000 + USMLE step 1 and 2 CK question bank written by our USMLE physician experts
- Free 800 high yield USMLE flashcards
- Free USMLE advisor tutorial on how to smash the USMLE exam
- Free USMLE prep Ebook, audiobook to prepare for the USMLE
- Free Downloadable pdf summary of each USMLE video lecture
- Fast forward option using 1.5x, 2.0x to increase video speed
- Free Live online calendar to monitor your board schedule
- Free access to our physician experts to answer your questions
- Free daily motivational quotes to enhance your study
- Access all content on all platforms—mobile, tablets, desktops.
This Episode’s Sponsor— Audible.com
Listen in Your Browser
Or via Your Favorite App
Share the ITB Podcast on Social Media
If you enjoyed this podcast, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in spreading the ITB message, improving our content, and helping us serve you better. Plus, if you send us an email with a screenshot of your review, you’ll be entered to win this episode’s contest.